The FDA gave global healthcare company Galderma approval to market Restylane Lyft, an injectable gel used to increase volume in the cheek contours and correct and smooth nasolabial folds, making the filler the first and only FDA-approved treatment for these issues.
What was being used to treat volume loss in the cheeks and face up until this point?
- Perlane, Voluma and Sculptra were most popular. The FDA just granted approval on July 2nd for use in the midface and cheeks, but prior to that, Restylane Lyft (formerly branded as Perlane) had been used off-label in the midface and offering consumers a more affordable option to Allergan’s Voluma. It achieves midface rejuvenation with less product volume as it is less likely to yield to compression. The FDA approval for use in the midface now allows consumers to confidently, safely and affordably obtain noticeable and natural, long-lasting results.
How is Restylane Lyft different?
- Perlane and Voluma are both hyaluronic acid fillers. Sculptura is poly-L lactic acid. Hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed, if desired.
Are there any off-label uses for it?
- Perlane aka Restylane Lyft is used off label in the pre-jowl sulcus and along the jawline to enhance the prominence of the jaw and rejuvenate a sagging neck.
What is the pain level?
- Minimal—I apply a topical anesthetic to the skin before the procedure. During the procedure, we use ice on the surface of the skin and there is anesthetic in the filler injection that numbs the area being treated from the inside.
How many injections on average are needed and how much do they cost?
- Full correction is achieved in one visit and the cost is currently $850 per syringe. Most people need approximately 2 syringes.
How long do the results last for?
- The results last 10-18 months on average. Repeat injections lead to cumulative and prolonged benefits.
Can it be used in conjunction with Botox and other injections?
- Yes. Botox can be used in the brow and crows feet areas. Restylane Silk can be used in the lip lines. Restylane or Juvederm can be used in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines and chin crease. Each filler has a purpose and the combined results can achieve a natural and noticeable youthful appearance without looking overdone!
How long should you wait before peels and lasers?
- One week if it is at the same location. Treatments can be combined when concerns regarding different areas are being addressed during the same visit.
From: Harper’s BAZAAR